On 06/04/2015 03:35 PM, Jean-Marc Lasgouttes wrote:
Le 04/06/2015 20:44, Scott Kostyshak a écrit :
Can someone please confirm that I should indeed revert?
I took a look at lyx-preview-explosion.lyx and I can indeed reproduce
the assertion. My guess though is that the referenced commits expose a
different bug that has to do with previews and macros. But in the end
from a user perspective it is a regression. Thus, I think I should
revert.

In general I do not like code that modifies a full buffer just in the middle of a dispatch action. OTOH, I have no knowledge in what this does.

Anyway, converting is probably the right thing to do at least in stable, so that we have time to ponder the right solution.

The right way to do this might well be the same way we now handle updateBuffer(): Have a member variable needPreviewUpdate in DispatchResult, and then do the right thing when we return from the dispatch.

Richard