On 07/10/2015 10:54, Jean-Marc Lasgouttes wrote:
Le 06/10/2015 22:17, Guillaume Munch a écrit :
I think you might be mixing issues. One thing is allowing to have UTF-8
string literals especially in translations, another one is deciding that
we now use … instead of ... in the interface to be consistent with Qt.

What would be worse than using ... in the UI would be to use a random mix of ... and … (look Ma, I managed to type it with my compose key!) in the UI. By doing this change, we put more pressure on our translators to do thing right.

An alternative would be the attached hack.

No need for any hack: Another alternative that works AFAIR and is cleaner IMO, english to english translation works. So, for english or french actually, ... can be translated to the ellipsis character.

Abdel.