On Thu, Oct 29, 2015 at 01:38:29PM +0000, Guenter Milde wrote:
> On 2015-10-29, Guenter Milde wrote:
>
> > -> We need a framework to handle such "generic" problems like "Xe/LuaTeX
> >    with TeX fonts".
>
> >    Suggestion:
>
> >    * Code changes/commits that break tests with the default export method of
> >      important documents require immediate action.
>
> >    * Problems with other export routes can be handled later (but should not
> >      be forgotten).
>
>        -> open a bug report.

Seems reasonable but I would emphasize that the above is with regard to
breaking other export routes *for that document*. Often if a document's
export for a non-default route is broken it is because a bug was
introduced in LyX and not because a document-specific change was made
that is not supported by the route. This is why I think there is a high
signal/noise ratio in the export tests for the non-default formats. The
most annoying part is setting them correctly to begin with.

But yes, if it is only with regard to the document, those "bugs" can sit
around.

Scott