Le 02/11/2015 23:50, Scott Kostyshak a écrit :
On Mon, Nov 02, 2015 at 09:49:24PM +0000, Guillaume Munch wrote:
Le 02/11/2015 21:10, Andrew Parsloe a écrit :
Your proposed button would also solve #9211 "Make the lyxpreview.log
files accessible within LyX".

I agree, part of this idea comes from all the times I had to debug lyx
previews (but not only).

For the interface, I also propose to substitute the extant “Copy to
clipboard” button with this “Open directory...” button to avoid making
the interface heavier.

I think this is a good idea.

Indeed, “Copy to clipboard” is twice redundant:
1. With “open directory” one can open the original log file in an editor.

I was a little worried that some users would get overwhelmed when they
open the directory and there are possibly many files, but...

2. One can already do Ctrl+A in the dialog, or right mouse button ▷
Select all, then copy.

this assuages my concern.

The "Open directory..." could also get rid of the "Show Output Anyway"
button for the same reasoning as (1) above. I like the "Show Output
Anyway" button how it is, but I'm not sure if that's because I just got
used to it. If others prefer one less button though, I would be OK with
that.

To be clear, this is a different dialog right? So are you suggesting to add this “Open directory” button to the other dialog as well? I'd keep the “Show Output Anyway” button, for the reason you mentioned: there can be many files. What do others think?

Any ideas for a clearer button label than “Open directory...”?