On 11/03/2015 10:45 AM, Guillaume Munch wrote:
Bad news, it didn't work on Windows. Qt 4.8, VS2010, WinXP/VirtualBox
On Linux, it worked with two AND three slashes: both Qt 4.8 and Qt 5.5;
Gnome 3.18, Fedora 23.

Thanks for the report and the extra step in testing. Please try again
with latest master.

I report that everything works in both WindowsXP and Fedora Linux.
The file browser window showing the temporary folder disappears when LyX is closed on Windows, Nautilus in Linux moves to the parent directory.

It opens the directory containing the chosen log — there's really no
trap about it. So I think that "Open Containing Directory" is the
clearest about what is achieved.

OK. What I was saying is that it shows more than just a log file, but no problem, what's most important is that it now works.