Le 06/11/2015 07:01, Vincent van Ravesteijn a écrit :

Op 6 nov. 2015 05:44 schreef "Pavel Sanda" <sa...@lyx.org
<mailto:sa...@lyx.org>>:

 > Guillaume Munch wrote:
 > > That "CT lock" feature, instead of imposing such a strict constraint
 > > (that could always be circumvented one way or the other...), could
maybe
 > > display instead a message like "Pavel Sanda has requested that changes
 > > be tracked. Are you sure that you want to disable change tracking?".
 > >
 > > But I would like to read more suggestions from you and Günter given
that
 > > you know better than us what you need.
 >
 > No need for locking. I just want to setup defaults which holds for people
 > receiving the document without me explaining how they should edit it.
 > If they know what they are doing (or how to do it:) they are free to
disable it.

 > Pavel

What actually makes sense is to have a document setting like
"under_version_control". When the user opens such a document (for the
first time?) we turn on change tracking.

Important is to not save the current state of change tracking.

I do like this idea. If I understand correctly:

Have a new checkbox in document settings labelled "Open with change
tracking enabled". Then the current state of change tracking is made
independent from this checkbox; only, if the box is checked then it will
do as advertised by the label. Otherwise, the per-user, per-session
setting is restored.

This seems to fit better than the current situation what I understand of
Pavel and other people's use case for change tracking. Indeed, even in
this case, one could want to disable it on purpose momentarily, and this
new setting would mean that one does not need to worry about turning
change tracking back on before saving.

Pavel, is this what you had in mind with "permanent vs. until the end of
the session" ?

Actually we could also treat \output_changes in this way, which makes
even more sense for it given that it affects the output.

Is that convincing?

Guillaume