Guillaume Munch wrote:
> Have a new checkbox in document settings labelled "Open with change
> tracking enabled". Then the current state of change tracking is made
> independent from this checkbox; only, if the box is checked then it will
> do as advertised by the label. Otherwise, the per-user, per-session
> setting is restored.
>
> This seems to fit better than the current situation what I understand of
> Pavel and other people's use case for change tracking. Indeed, even in

My summary is quite different. The current situation seems to be more in
tune with what most people expect and what other offices are doing.

That said I understand your pain and agree that it sucks for version control
usecase. My take on that would be one of those directions:

1. User preference for ignoring CT toggling changes during the session.
   The CT on/off status would be saved in the same way as it was opened
   no matter whether the user changed it during editing.
2. Some form of turn on/off permanently vs intermittently, both in menu
   or it could be tristate. (Code-wise it might be similar to 1. I am
   thinking more how it appears in GUI to the user.)
3. General preference (not sure if document or user) for ignoring non essential
   changes, which disturbs version control flow. Similar to 1. but it
   would encompass e.g. CT on/off, output_changes, GUI justification.
   I have another candidate here as well - not storing opening/closing insets.

Pavel