Uwe Stöhr wrote:

> commit 2bd2aa27811ab08d832f37354e3d2a6f0cbfda8c
> Author: Uwe Stöhr <uwesto...@lyx.org>
> Date:   Fri Nov 27 00:39:38 2015 +0100
>
>     installer: install Qt plugin DLLs correctly
>
>     - also remove support metafile2eps because:
>       - it is outdated
>       - unnecessary third-party program since ImageMagick can do this too
>       - needs unnecessarily installation time

Removal of utilities that where created by others who invested a lot of time
should be discussed on the list first. I use metafile2eps even on linux
(instructions are somewhere in the wiki), because it does a pure vector
conversion, while ImageMagick converts to bitmap, so the quality of the
result is lower. IMO, the removal should be reverted.

Georg