On 30/11/2015 11:39 a.m., Uwe Stöhr wrote:

Interestingly I could not find a single emf file on my PC. I also never stumbled over this image format at work. I downloaded now one and it appears that no browser can display this file format. So I am wondering what program created emf natively.

regards Uwe
When I discovered LyX about ten years ago, I saved my Word 95 documents as rtf and used rtf2latex2e to convert them to latex so that they could be imported into LyX. The figures in the Word documents were separated out by rtf2latex2e into wmf files.

Andrew

---