Guillaume Munch wrote:
> Starting from 2.3, LyX will require a C++11 compiler, and g++ 4.6 fails
> (it seems) at a feature as elementary as generating a default move
> constructor, even when told so explicitly (which we cannot really blame
> it for, given that it does not claim C++11 compliance in the first
> place). Moreover, the only distribution release that is currently stuck
> with g++ 4.6 is (to my knowledge) Ubuntu 12.04LTS, which will no longer
> be around by the time 2.3 ships (unless a miracle happens), and which
> offers another compiler more respectful of C++11. On the other hand,
> what reasons do we have for supporting g++ 4.6?
>
> If you really need a temporary workaround until you get to migrate your
> work environment, (and you do not want to/can use clang,) you could keep
> a local series of fixes. I imagine that for your current sort of problem
> (as far as I understand, because I do not have access to g++ 4.6 to test
> my theory), you just need manual definitions of move constructors and
> assignment operators. For e87febd0 in particular, however, it is easier,
> because it should be safe to just revert it locally, given that this is
> an isolated change.

Thanks for summarizing.
I can confirm that reverting e87febd0 makes master compilable again with 4.6.

I am not in charge for the machines around me and given 12.04 LTS ends up
2017-04 I don't expect any migration happening soon :)

So I guess the bad news is I can't quickly bisect what's going on 32 cores
anymore, the good news is I'll get more real work done :)

Pavel