racoon wrote:

> On 19.06.2016 14:41, Georg Baum wrote:
>>
>> Please try Visual Studio 14 instead (or however MSVC2015 is called in
>> cmake, 14 is the internal MSVC version corresponding to the 2015
>> release). MSVC 2015 can load MSVC 2010 solutions, but if cmake knows that
>> the result is to be used by MSVC 2015 then it might generate solutions
>> better suited to MSVC 2015.
>
> Selected "Visual Studio 14 2015".

That looks good.

>> This is because the instructions are incomplete. You need to call the
>> vcvarsall.bat file provided by MSVC before calling the CMake GUI. I
>> described this in the latest instructions in master. You can get
>> http://www.lyx.org/trac/browser/lyxgit/INSTALL.Win32?rev=a88d1f023bcb and
>> follow this version, it applies to 2.2.x as well except the python
>> requirement: Python 2.x is required for LyX 2.2.x, for current master one
>> can also use Python 3.x.
>
> Did run vcvarsall.bat before opening "CMake (cmake-gui) from the Start
> menu. But still the same error.

Sorry, I should have been more precide. vcvarsall.bat only influences the
cmd session it is started from. Sou you would need to open a console, call
vcvarsall.bat, and then running Cmake GUI from the same console window
typing the command in (including the full path if the cmake installation is
not included in the PATH environment variable).

> http://www.lyx.org/trac/browser/lyxgit/INSTALL.Win32?rev=a88d1f023bcb
> refers to an alternative using the "MSVC 2015 command prompt".
>
> In the start menu under "Visual Studio 2015\Visual Studio Tools" I found
>
> - Developer Command Prompt for VS2015
> - MSBuild Command Prompt for VS2015
>
> I ran cmake-gui.exe from both prompts but the same problem occured.

The first one should be correct. I was thinking about the corresponding
entry in MSVC itself, but the way via start menu is even easier. Some
background information can be found here:
https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/f35ctcxw.aspx

> And in a sub folder "Windows Desktop Command Prompts" i found
>
> - VS2015 x64 ARM Cross Tools Command Prompt
> - VS2015 x64 Native Tools Command Prompt
> - VS2015 x64 x86 Cross Tools Command Prompt
> - and the same with x64 replaced by x86 and vice versa
>
> Should I try them?

I guess they won't work if the developer prompt did not work.

>>> Configuring incomplete, errors occurred!
>>> See also "C:/Users/Daniel/LyX/LyX22-build/CMakeFiles/CMakeOutput.log".
>>> See also "C:/Users/Daniel/LyX/LyX22-build/CMakeFiles/CMakeError.log".
>>> ------
>>>
>>> Still no "LYX_DEPENDENCIES_DOWNLOAD" option. Only a list with many
>>> "CMAKE_..." entries.
>>
>> The dependencies download is broken. I fixed it in master at
>> 48fd76d4bfb99ee. Until this is fixed in the 2.2.x branch I suggest you
>> donwload them manually to the expected location.
>
> I am not sure this problem is related to mine.

Yes, it is one step ahead;-) This means it does not help if you find the
switch: The cmake code that will be executed by enabling it is outdated and
won't find the dependencies.

> And I also don't
> understand the solution. What is the "expected location"?

If you use the paths listed in INSTASLL.Win32, then you would need to unpack
it in the folder C:\LyX\lyx-23-build\msvc2015-deps. This would create a
folder C:\LyX\lyx-23-build\lyx-windows-deps-msvc2015 (lyx-windows-deps-
msvc2015 is the top level folder in the .zip archive).

http://www.lyx.org/trac/browser/lyxgit/development/cmake/build5-2015.bat?rev=c7c9744368cfab

>> This might be easier, I guess you only need to adapt a few paths.
>
> I'll look into this if you say my problem could be solved by this, okay?

I am not sure if this would solve your problems. It is your choice, both the
GUI version and the .bat version should work, but some people prefer
clicking through a GUI, and others prefer a scripted solution.

> I am wondering whether Visual Studio has installed the components
> necessary. How can I check whether there even is a c or cxx compiler?

There should be a cl.exe in the VC\bin subfolder of the MSVC installation
directory.

Georg