On Tue, Sep 6, 2016 at 11:19 PM, Jürgen Spitzmüller <sp...@lyx.org> wrote:

> Am Dienstag, den 06.09.2016, 23:15 -0600 schrieb Joel Kulesza:
> > On OSX, Alt-S does nothing.  Same for Control-S and Command-S.
>
> I don't have OS X, so I can't check.

I'm ignorant on the subject of Qt accelerators.  Is this a known
(dys)function on OSX?  Is there a way that this can be modified so all
users can benefit?

> > It's a shame that this shortcut (accelerator?) isn't what I believe
> > is more common: Control-F / Command-F.
>
> Well, the label string is "Search Citation", so we cannot use an F.
> Accelerators in the dialog always use Alt and one letter of the widget
> label.

My thought was that one can change the label "Search Citation" to "Find
Citation".  Regrettably, this will entail some translation effort but I
believe this is unambiguous and is consistent with Edit -> Find within LyX
and myriad other applications.

> (Note that I am not talking about the shortcut to open the search
> dialog)

I'm unsure how to use Alt-S then.  When I expand search and enter
something, Alt-S gives me "ß" (Control-S and Command-S have no function).

> As the ticket has it: 1024x600 px.

(Bringing the two threads into one).  Thank you for pointing to that.  I
also saw discussion on 1024x768 and wondered if that resolution was also
affected.  I was curious what "standard" resolutions were affected (which
might suggest how many users were affected).