Le 23/10/2016 à 22:53, Enrico Forestieri a écrit :
On Sun, Oct 23, 2016 at 07:02:31PM +0200, Guillaume Munch wrote:

Le 23/10/2016 à 18:38, Enrico Forestieri a écrit :
commit dea5ba16de1b98d93cf30ab65119bc2364a7ac2b
Author: Enrico Forestieri <for...@lyx.org>
Date:   Sun Oct 23 18:23:41 2016 +0200

    Correctly track ulem commands with change tracking

    LyX assumes that everything in \lyxdeleted is struck out by ulem
    and increases the corresponding counter. However, deleted display
    math material is struck out using tikz. As we also take into
    account the deletion of underlined display math (in order to
    properly position such material vertically), we have to take
    care that the count is correct.

This code (this commit and previous related commits) looks fragile to
me. Did you not prefer to present a (full and tested) patch on the list
and ask other people about it before committing?

Sorry, but I think that your comments are unwarranted and overzealous.
Moreover, this is something that you should pretend from a novice.
I think I know when something should be submitted for review before
committing. And you are not the official maintainer. Please, try
to be less off-putting. Thank you.

The code does look fragile to me. I do not think that asking that
developers care about maintainability is being overzealous. Then, maybe
I am mistaken about the code and you got to something found maintainable
enough after thinking about it a lot, such that you did not feel the
need asking for advice. In that case, maybe all the misunderstandings
comes indeed from a different appreciation of what effort is asked.

But to know this we would need to speak about the code. Every time I
want to discuss your commits, I know that you are going to take things
personally, to the point that sometimes I just prefer to let it off
before even asking. I do not know another LyX developer who reacts like
you do.

Before arguing that I am not the official maintainer, ask yourself who
was the only one who tested several of your big changes and spent a lot
of time writing detailed testcases (lots of them!)? And where would LyX
be if I had not?

I wish we could speak about the code instead.

Guillaume