Christian Ridderström wrote:
> On 19 January 2017 at 01:45, Pavel Sanda <sa...@lyx.org> wrote:
>
> > > The system is currently doing this:
> > > - Polls the LyX repository at git.lyx.org  (every few hours)
> > > - If branch 'master' has changed, then it builds LyX in two different
> > > configurations
> >
> > What you mean by build? "make" or "make distcheck"?
> >
> The second one would be more useful,
>

> Currently it's "make" (I didn't know about distcheck), e.g. the CMake
> version does this:
>
> cmake -DLYX_USE_QT=QT5 .. && make
>
> Trying with just "make distcheck" instead of "make" produced error about
> missing target 'distcheck'.

distcheck is autotools not cmake target. Since we (still) build tarballs
via automake it would be worth using this target.

I just tried running make distcheck here and immediately got error,
which is exactly why your machinery could be useful!

Simply running distcheck once a day and send email to lyx-devel in case of
error.

Otherwise it can take quite some time to find the offender (the error
messages are sometimes convoluted).

> There seems to be RSS feeds available right now (see bottom right corner of
> https://ci.inria.fr/lyx/ ) that I was able to add to my RSS reader (
> http://theoldreader.com) . It's probably also possible to get the CI server
> to send e-mail notifications to lyx-devel, assuming we want that?

If you don't have SMTP machinery working on that machine I can send you simple
shell script that would do the sending job. You just need port 25 open & SMTP
server accepting us.

Pavel

PS: the current err if it rings bell to someone, I guess just entry in makefile
is missing:
make[1]: *** No rule to make target `export/ja/wrong_auto_encoding.lyx', needed