Am Donnerstag, 19. Januar 2017 um 23:47:49, schrieb Christian Ridderström
<c...@lyx.org>
> On 19 January 2017 at 16:30, Kornel Benko <kor...@lyx.org> wrote:
>
> > > # Change directory to folder with cloned LyX repository
> >
> > Clone is not needed normally iff used only by cmake.
> >

> The cloning is automatically done by the CI server / CI job, pulling the
> latest changes from git.lyx.org.
>
> > This will build LyX and only then do 'make package_source'.  Anything else
> > > that should be in there?
> >
> > On ubuntu I use 'make package' to build everything.
> > E.g.
> >         #CMAKE_OPTS= "-DLYX_USE_QT=QT5 -DLYX_CPACK=ON
> > -DCPACK_BINARY_DEB:BOOL=ON -DCPACK_SOURCE_TGZ:BOOL=ON -DLYX_NLS=ON
> > -DLYX_EXTERNAL_Z=ON -DLYX_EXTERNAL_ICONV=ON -DLYX_EXTERNAL_BOOST=OFF"
> >         #cmake .. $CMAKE_OPTS && make package && make package_source
> >

> I don't actually know what these options do, but the CI job is now using
> them.

-DLYX_CPACK=ON                                  Uses the cpack macros
-DCPACK_BINARY_DEB:BOOL=ON              configures for creation the debian .deb
package,
                                                                (e.g. 'make
package') ready to install with dpkg -i $packagename
-DCPACK_SOURCE_TGZ:BOOL=ON              configures for creation of source
package (make package_source)
-DLYX_NLS=ON                                    use xgettext, msgfmt, msgmerge
etc for creation of .gmo files
-DLYX_EXTERNAL_Z=ON                             use external libz because of
conflicts with our supplied sources (valid for windows? only)
-DLYX_EXTERNAL_ICONV=ON                 use external libiconv because of
conflicts with our supplied sources (valid for windows? only)
-DLYX_EXTERNAL_BOOST=OFF                use our supplied boost sources

> To be specific, this is the script that's being run to build:
>
> https://github.com/DrChr/build-lyx-using-ubuntu-latest-qt5-cmake/blob/master/build_lyx.sh

Yes, that should work.

The ultimate check would be
        # make package_source
        # mkdir src2
        # cd src2
        # tar axf ../LyX-2.3.tar.gz     # creates source tree starting with
"LyX-2.3/"
        # mkdir build2          # e.g. $top/build/build2
        # cd build2
        # cmake ../LyX-2.3 $CMAKE_OPTS
        # make package

> /Christian