Am Freitag, 28. Juli 2017 um 23:31:42, schrieb Enrico Forestieri
<for...@lyx.org>
> On Tue, Jul 25, 2017 at 09:16:15PM +0200, Enrico Forestieri wrote:
>
> > I am also investigating the possibility of attaching a context menu to
> > the red icon in the status bar.
>
> This is now done in the attached patch. Hovering with the mouse over the
> red icon a warning is shown, and right clicking shows a popup menu that
> allows to disable the shell escape option for the current document.

Testing the patch shell-escape-auth-5.diff, there is 1 issue from my side:
The session entry is totally ignored if using 'lyx -E', therefore I'd prefer
to save the entries in some other file (for instance "session.shellEscape"),
which could be loaded unconditionally.

        Kornel