On Tue, Aug 01, 2017 at 04:57:33AM -0400, Scott Kostyshak wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 31, 2017 at 11:43:04AM +0200, Enrico Forestieri wrote:
>
> > Corrected at 44babaf6.
>
> Thanks, that works well. The only other comment I have is to possibly
> instruct the user to reconfigure after installing the module. If I
> recall, that's what we say in similar contexts.

This is a bit different. We don't detect the python module because it
is difficult doing so. The user can be using either Python 2 or 3, but
the module can be for the "other" python version. It is the driver command
that knows what to do. It is usually named "pygmentize" but it is not
mandatory. For example, a distribution switches to Python 3 but still
makes Python 2 available. A user installs the pygments module for Python 2
whose driver command is maybe named pygmentize2 to avoid collision with
the Python 3 version, which is also available.
At the moment we only check for pygmentize but, according to users reports
we can add other common names for the driver command. I really don't know
what distributions will do. Maybe there will not be any implementation where
the driver is called something different than pygmentize. In this case we
can revisit the current strategy and simply disable the check box.

--
Enrico