On Thu, Aug 10, 2017 at 11:56:23PM +0200, Christian Ridderström wrote:

> Sounds pretty good to me.
>
> Searching manually for the ID as per above caused me some problems
> initially.
> I can't just paste the message ID from your link as the %2B has replaced
> '+' in the ID.

But at least I think it could be converted automatically, if that mail
archiver disappeared. So even if it is not user-friendly, it could
potentially stand the test of time.

> Note: In gmail I can see the message ID by looking at the original message,
> which I do by clicking the little right downarrow next to the message and
> selecting 'show original, e.g. giving me
>

> canp4zpo6vk+t8yqa7ymlxwmaw3fncduqo_+fck80ypoj0xb...@mail.gmail.com
>
> I've configured the wiki (edited the page Site/InterMap) to add the prefix
> MsgId, which we can now use like this:
>
>     MsgId:CANP4zpO6vK%2BT8YQa7yMLXwMaw3fNcDUqO_%2BfcK80ypOJ0XB-Cw%
> 40mail.gmail.com
>
> But note that %2B needs to be used to replace the '+', or it won't work.

My script uses the following to do the percent-encoding:

$ python -c "import urllib, sys; print urllib.quote(sys.argv[1])" "<message-id>"

> The downside is that it's a bit longer than e.g.
>
>      LyxDevelPost:200333

Indeed.

Thanks for looking into improving this.

Scott