Am Dienstag, den 30.01.2018, 15:01 +0100 schrieb Jean-Marc Lasgouttes:
> Currently native file dialogs are used on windows and Mac. It is
> possible to select them on unix with cmake, but not autoconf.
>
> The following patch allows to select the type of file dialog at
> runtime
> (see ticket http://www.lyx.org/trac/ticket/11003 for why I am doing
> that).

Nice.

> Currently all platforms default to true (native). Where can we go
> from
> there? Ideas:
>
> 1/ apply this patch, maybe with a default of "false" and value
> "true"
> set in mac and windows lyxrc.dist files. This would give us the same
> behavior as before, but configurable

Would be good as a start.

> 2/ the same, but also add a 100th checkbox to our crowded preference
> dialog so that people can toggle it at ease

Nah.

> 3/ remove support for our custom file dialog and always use the
> native
> one (this would lose the Document/Example buttons)

Which would be a pity.

> 4/  remove support for our custom file dialog and always use the Qt
> custom file dialog, and try to make setSidebarUrl work, so that we
> have
> our Documents/Examples links in the side bar; this cannot work with
> native file dialog.

This would be the best solution IMHO. But do you know how to make
setSidebarUrl work with proper entries? (I don't).

> Does somebody use the custom Documents/Examples buttons? Are they
> really
> needed?

I don't use them anymore personally (I use the native dialog), but I
think they are quite useful. But of course they should work on all
platforms.

Jürgen