Am 21.03.2018 um 15:07 schrieb Ben Houcine:

I will drop some of my remarks here:

- Key binding in LyX should be improved because the standard keybinding bundled with LyX fit more the American qwerty keyboard. I have my own keybinding to the French azerty keyboard

Dear Ben,

LyX can be used with different key bindings. For example we deliver LyX already with key bindings for the German qwertz keyboard. Therefore please open an enhancement request in our bug tracker and also write a mail to the lyx-devel mailing list with your proposal. We have 2 french developers who can state about french keybindings.

- The spell checker user dictionary should be improved. All in all LyX has the behavior to favorise American en_US dictionary when you add your own words to the custom list.

That is up to you. With the setting of the document language in LyX you decide what dictionary will be used. If you select British English, you will get the corresponding dictionary and new words will be added to it, not to the American English dictionary. If this is not the case, it is a bug that you should report in our bug tracker.

When you choose "English" as language LyX don't use the different English flavor dictionaries like Breton/en_GB/en_AU ... !!

What do you mean? How else should people e.g. select to use the Australian dictionary?

- REQUEST: add a possibility to add Hunspell commands like /M, /S, /MS ... in the user dictionary "pwl_english.dict"

Please open an enhancement request in our bug tracker:
https://www.lyx.org/trac/wiki/BugTrackerHome

thanks for your feedback and happy LyXining
Uwe