Hi, everyone,

After a fair bit of experimenting, I have decided to remove the "Update
MiKTeX" code from the installers. In my testing, it failed as often as
it worked. For example, I would install an older MiKTeX version and then
try to run that code manually in a DOS box, and sometimes it worked and
sometimes not. I don't think we want to be playing with that particular
fire.

Instead, the installer will now issue the following warning at the
beginning:

Due to changes in MiKTeX, installation of versions of LyX later than
2.2.3 can cause a partial update that makes MiKTeX unusable.
If you have not already done so, we recommand that you update MiKTeX to
the latest version prior to installing a new version of LyX.
You may now either proceed with the installation or cancel it so you can
update MiKTeX.

And, then, of course, the user has the usual options of "Next" or
"Cancel" (or "Back", which is kind of useless in this case).

I think I should try to get this translated, but I am not sure how to do
that, since this does not seem to be in our usual 'stream'. Should I
just send a message to the translators asking them to send me a version
of this? There is also the string:

WARNING: MiKTeX Changes

that is the title of this dialog.

Once this is done, we should be ready to release the 2.3.0 installers.
At which point I will turn my attention to the release of 2.3.1 (and we
can discuss how we want to handle the Windows installer henceforth).

Riki