OK, I finally found some time to mess with this again. A new version of
the installer has been uploaded to http://ftp.lyx.org/pub/lyx/bin/2.3.0/.

The problem with spellcheck was because some dictionaries were supposed
to be installed by default, but there was no actual provision for
including them in the package, from what I can tell. Special sauce, I
guess. There were also some major problems downloading dictionaries
during the installation. The URLs were simply wrong. I fixed that and
simplified some of the code.

Finally, there was the 'style' issue. We now install the
qwindowsvistastyle.dll file, as Enrico suggested. Apparently, it is new
in Qt 5.10 that these are separate files [1]. That's why the old
installer worked, I guess. It was built with 5.9.x. Anyway, I have
verified that starting LyX with:

    LyX2.3.exe -style windows
    LyX2.3.exe -style windowsvista

give different results.

Please test, and hopefully we can finish with this next week.


[1] https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-65177

Reply via email to