On 08/07/2018 09:47, Jürgen Spitzmüller wrote:
Am Sonntag, den 08.07.2018, 09:33 +0200 schrieb Daniel:
I tried Linux a while ago but didn't like how much effort I had to
put
into to get drivers to work properly. It became probably better in
that
respect. Now, I am using a touch panel and pen input which seems not
work very well specially software wise on Linux. As evidence you can
see
on youtube how people proudly present only the most basic pen input
on
linux.

But you know that's not a deficiency of the OS but some third parties
not willing to provide drivers or at least giving advice how to re-
construct some. But things constantly improved since major companies
(Microsoft in the first row) began to embrace Linux.

Yes, I know. But it doesn't change anything from the usability side in the short term. Looking forward to the day I can drop Windows!

Daniel