On 07/08/2018 08:02 PM, Richard Kimberly Heck wrote:
> On 07/08/2018 04:46 PM, Jean-Marc Lasgouttes wrote:
>> PS: I tested briefly the binary, which seems to work well. However,
>> when I wanted to install paper.cls (to check on of you reports),
>> texlive told me that I cannot update my texlive 2017. So I decided to
>> upgrade to texlive 2018, and it is still installing itself after 1h45 :(
> Lovely.

And a PS of my own: In trying to figure out what files were missing from my
installer, I installed Uwe's last one. When it attempted to update
MiKTeX, it
returned an error, telling me that hopefully we'd be able to get it
working again
and to check the logs to see what the problem was. Way too fragile a process
for us to be initiating it.

Riki