On 18/09/2018 08:45, Jean-Marc Lasgouttes wrote:
Le 17/09/2018 à 19:34, Jürgen Spitzmüller a écrit :
I wonder if a better solution is a widget that collects (and maybe
categorizes) files from given paths and let you click on it. Like
LibreOffice has it (see attachment, although LyX's definitely would
look different). This would open fro the menu if you click on "New from
Template..." or "Open Example file...".

We could definitely use a combox for ui elements (bind files, ui files, keyboard...).

I thought the widget is for interaction with LyX and its .lyx files, i.e. open, save, etc.

Daniel