On 2019-09-04 19:42, Richard Kimberly Heck wrote:
On 9/4/19 10:30 AM, Jean-Marc Lasgouttes wrote:
Le 24/08/2019 à 07:49, Daniel a écrit :
Currently, IMO, notes behave in an unfortunate way in that they
inherit the surrounding font.

Consider the attached document which has the following structure:

*Section*
Text

The first line is formatted as a section heading and the second as
standard text.

In Lyx, select all text in the document and insert a note.

The actual result is that all the text looks as if it where formatted
as section. This is misleading. It is also in many cases annoying.
For example, when adding a longer note to a section heading it
becomes huge.

This is not misleading.

I don't know if it's misleading, but I find it slightly annoying that
the font of the note is so huge. I might want a note in a non-empty
section heading to remind me of something, but I don't need it to be the
same size as the heading itself. There's no real need for it to be, either.

Riki

I could not agree more.

Daniel