>> And the good design is to have ALL packages in a dialog and be able
>> what LaTeX code I want produce! AND this then should be honored by
>> the LaTeX methods! In this dialog we would have a button to receck
>> the LaTeX packages installed and also to save our actual will or to
>> apply it only to the current session!

Dekel> I don't understand why you want this. Can you give an example ?

The idea is that I should be able not to use natbib/amsfoo although
they are present. I should also be able to do as if they were present
even if they are not. So LyX discovers the available features, shows
them to me, and I decide whether to keep these defaults.

This info should probably be kept in the document.