Jean-Marc Lasgouttes wrote:

"Michael" == Michael Abshoff <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

Michael> This bug bit me couple of times when I set up my new Laptop.
Michael> I never suspected the configure-script and chased the bug for
Michael> a week.

Yes, it is ugly. Note that kudos for spotting this should go to
Dominik Vogt.

JMarc

Ofcourse this isn't an excuse for this bug, but...

Once upon a time there was a rule:
Never configure and compile software as root!

After a succesful build you should become root with su (without hyphen!)
and do a make install, if you tested this piece of software and trust it.

I'm working without the magic power of root as much as possible.
And on my laptop and my home box there it is the same.

Stephan