Stephan Witt wrote:

Ofcourse this isn't an excuse for this bug, but...

Once upon a time there was a rule:
Never configure and compile software as root!

After a succesful build you should become root with su (without hyphen!)
and do a make install, if you tested this piece of software and trust it.

I'm working without the magic power of root as much as possible.
And on my laptop and my home box there it is the same.

Stephan

You are right about build software, but it was a fresh install without
users.

The funny thing is, that in my case /dev/null still existed, but somehow
it couldn't be used.

Are you guys still interested in bugreports fpr lyx 1.2.2? I am compiling
a list of oddities and unexpected behaviours, but I won't be done
till late friday.

Michael

--
Michael Abshoff - MRB - Universität Dortmund - Telefon 755-3463 (intern)

  Where do you want to RTFM today?