Hi Georg,

Georg Baum wrote:

> Alfredo Braunstein wrote:
>
>> The fact that it resizes itself is normal (altough the resizing should be
>> smooth). It shouldn't jump. I don't understand if both of you are seeing
>> the same behaviour as I do and find it ugly or if you are seeing
>> something different.
>
> I am actually not sure if it is all the same.

It seems different indeed.

>> Could you describe some behaviour you find weird in a few steps? Thanks.
>
> - Create a document with some paragraphs (~20, only text, one line each)
> - resize the main window to the smallest possible height
> - drag the scrollbar from top to bottom. It will not follow the cursor
> immediately, and if you don't drag it to the lowest possible position it
> will jump back to the top. It will also jump back if you drag it to the
> end, but will afterwards jump to the bottom.

This is very strange, I cannot reproduce.

> I see also the jumping and getting stuck when pressing PgDown that John
> observed.

You mean pagedown on the keyboard, or clicking on the scrollbar background
(i.e. scrollbar pgdown)

> BTW, this is qt 3.3.3 (stock SuSE 9.2) and yor second version of the
> patch.

This is qt-3.3.4-0.fc3.0 on fc3.

>>> Resizing the main window does not work properly: The scrollbar height is
>>> not updated when I resize the window at the top border (see image)
>>> resizing at the bottom works.
>>
>> Truly weird.
>
> This happens with both qt 3.4 and 3.3.3

Cannot reproduce either.

Regards, Alfredo

PS: in any case, your test case should be one of these in which the scheme
works fine (all paragraphs are equal in vertical size). So I find this
really strange.