Hi, I just stumbled over what I think is a little quirk in tex2lyx. When
I convert a file that contains {\ss} latex codes, using the tex2lyx -
lyx2lyx - lyx 1.3.5 procedure from the wiki (on windows), the braces
appear as ERT in the final lyx file, although they are redundant.

The braces don't do any harm, they're only redundant.

Example: the latex input So{\ss}e should appear as Soße in the lyx file.
(Hope the German es-zett is preserved in the mail.) What appears is:

Tried to workaround with So\ss{}e, which gives

So is it possible for tex2lyx to recognize a pair of braces that simply
serves to delimit latex codes from surrounding text, and remove them in
the lyx file? That would be great.

Btw, note that all the {\ss} in the input file were caused by the WinEdt
(very popular windows latex shell) function to automatically save
non-ascii input as ascii-latex-codes. So I guess this (minor) problem
may appear more often in the future when lyx on windows is more
widespread, and many people want to import their non-English latex files
into lyx.

cheers,
sven