> I'm trying to use bibtex citations in lyx -- and i've done it
> successfully in the past. But i've run into a few things...

> I thought lyx was supposed to automatically list the citations in the
> bibtex db i've got at the bottom of the file, but it doesn't do that.
> No biggy, i lived without that feature, although I swear it worked
> once for me.

> The one that's bothering me is that when I go to insert an entry, it
> hangs. the screen updates, but nothing happens, and i get no menu

> Other bibtex db's don't do this. And the hanging doesn't happen to all
> my lyx's (the Linux and IRIX ones do, the Solaris one doesn't).  And if
> I re-compile, and run lyx out of the src dir, it doesn't hang, but
> when I install it and use the installed one, it hangs.

> Anyone else ever see this?

Ugh.  Well, I've sort of solved my problem.  Is this a known bug? Is
there a patch I should apply?

Putting (or symlinking at least) the bib file into the current directory:
(a) allows it to be found and parsed for entries
(b) prevents lyx from hanging

Is LyX supposed to search through the directories specified by BIBINPUTS?
Or is that a flawed assumption on my part?

Ben
--
Benjamin Korvemaker
[EMAIL PROTECTED]