Jean-Marc Lasgouttes said:

> Benjamin> Ugh.  Well, I've sort of solved my problem.  Is this a known
> Benjamin> bug? Is there a patch I should apply?
>
> Benjamin> Putting (or symlinking at least) the bib file into the
> Benjamin> current directory: (a) allows it to be found and parsed for
> Benjamin> entries (b) prevents lyx from hanging
>
> Benjamin> Is LyX supposed to search through the directories specified
> Benjamin> by BIBINPUTS?  Or is that a flawed assumption on my part?
>
> LyX is supposed to parse BIBINPUTS. What does your BIBINPUTS variable
> contain?
>
> JMarc

It *was*

.::/home/benjamin/bib

It's *now*

.:/usr/lib/texmf/texmf/bibtex/bib//::/home/benjamin/bib//

after additional experimentation and hunting through the source, it would
seem lyx doesn't parse the "::" at all, and doesn't seem to pass it off
to kpathsea... hard-coding the path into BIBINPUTS works, but is annoying,
because things are installed differently on the Solaris and Linux boxes..

And I've just discovered (i think), the glitch..
named "um99.bib", lyx hangs..
named "um.bib", lyx parses it ok...
But looking at the code, I can't see why this could possibly matter...

Can anyone duplicate this?

Ben
--
Benjamin Korvemaker