This was an old question and answer, but I have still not yet understood
how it works.
If I produce a figure environment in lyx and insert a legend to the
figure, which is to long for the TOF, one should according to the answer
given below write the tex marked short/long captions in a standard
paragraph. But how do I get the (long) caption in my figure environment?
Should I run the file first with the long captions without a list of
figures, run it again with the tex marked caption under the list of
figures and take the list of figures (which has now the short captions)
out and add it to the lyx file (all marked in tex)?
Thanks in advance for help.
Wolfgang Engelmann
Physiologische "Okologie der Pflanzen
Institut f"ur Botanik