Allan Rae wrote:

> On Mon, 24 Apr 2000, Martin Vonwald wrote:
>
> > I use ps2pdf to create pdf documents. It works very well (especially
> > with the ps2pdf from gs6.0) except for the font of the equations, for
> > which I get a pixelated type 3 font in the resulting pdf-file. I set the
> > default font to times but that doesn't affect the equations.
> > Does anybody know how to chance the default font of the equations so
> > that ps2pdf creates type 1 fonts? I know about pdflatex but I'm just to
> > lazy to keep all my images in two formats (eps for latex and gif for
> > pdflatex) - or did I miss something and pdflatex can now handle eps
> > images too?
>
> In your preamble add:
>         \usepackage{pslatex}
>
> this fixes everything to use type 1 fonts from the default 35 fonts
> (IIRC).  Alternaively there is a similar package specifically for the
> math fonts:
>
>         \usepackage{mathptm}
>
> Allan. (ARRae)

Thanks for your answer!
If I use \usepackage{pslatex} it will display perfect in KGhostView,
gives me an error message about a missing font (symbol) in Acrobat
Reader for Linux, it shows me the doc but some characters are missing
and in AR for Windows it won't open at all.
If I use \usepackage{mathptm} it displays perfect again in KGhostView,
same problems as above in AR for Linux and nearly perfect in AR for
Windows - only brackets, integral/root signs are pixelated.
I think I can live with that - many thanks and (little bit late): Happy
Easter!

Martin