> I strongly believe that when I remove -- from our tech-writers -- the
> possibility to make decicions how things should look, that increases
> the productivity. People tend to use too much time on, the look of the
> document -- even, when somebody else is responsible for that. This is
> why I think that MS Word decreases productivity. There are too many
> ways to format text (bold, italics, overline, font size,
> alignment,...) and yet the decicion of single paragraph alignment is
> made by someone else than the person writing the text...

I do not think so: people who used to work with MS Word or StarOffice often
compare their PS- or DVI-Output with the written words in the LyX-Surface to
look how the written and "calculated" text is layouted. In fact all persons who
I know and who are using LyX are working simultanously with their PS- or
DVI-Viewer. So, there is no separation-of-writing-and-layouting of the document
and its appearence.
This argument is not valid at all.

To explain the advantages of LyX, one should talk about a possible PS- and
PDF-Output (readable everywhere in thew world and on any Computer with
GV, Acrobat Reader or PDF-Viewers) (as a stronger document-standard than MS
Word-documents), that often guarantees congruence of printed-output and
monitor-layout. And one has to talk about the emergency-saving of LyX that
helps users not to loose their hard and precious work. This is what people like
scientists are really interested in. Separation-of-writing-and-layouting is also
possible in MS Word or StarOffice, and everone who is saying something
different has not really analyzed thes textprocessors and does not really know
what he is talkning about.

Please excuse my lousy English.

Werner