Am 23.10.2014 um 17:16 schrieb Richard Heck <rgh...@lyx.org>:

> On 10/23/2014 04:02 AM, Stephan Witt wrote:
>> Am 23.10.2014 um 09:27 schrieb Hugo Hinterberger <hugo.hinterber...@gmx.net>:

>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I noticed that LyX did not run "Reconfigure" on Yosemite, at least not in
>>> the directory that LyX expects it to be run.
>>>
>>> Here are the steps that I took to get LyX 2.1.2 on Yosemite to compile a
>>> document (fresh OS X installation):
>>>
>>> 1.   Install MacTex   # triggered installation of xcode command line tools
>>> 2.   Install LyX   # run once
>>> 2.1. Open Terminal
>>> 2.2. cd ~/Library/Application\ Support/LyX-2.1/   # user directory as shown
>>> in "About LyX"
>>> 2.3. Run python /Applications/LyX.app/Content/Resources/configure.py   #
>>> path might be incorrect, I an not at my Mac at the moment, do a manual
>>> reconfigure, must be in the correct directory (user directory)
>>> 3.   Run LyX
>>> 4.   Open document
>>> 5.   Preview document
>>>
>>> Regarding the "convert" utility, this is actually imagemagick (possibly
>>> graphicsmagick) and I had to (following the recommended procedure) install
>>> MacPorts first, and it took me a whole night to get imagemagick to install
>>> through MacPorts (a lot of dependencies).
>> I think you now have convert twice:
>> one in /opt/local/bin (from MacPorts) and another in /usr/local/bin (from
>> MacTeX).
>>
>> Because of the broken environment passing LyX cannot extend the system path
>> for it's child processes.
>> The path list in preferences is effectively ignored. Perhaps it works for
>> you because of MacPorts had
>> added /opt/local/bin to the system path?
>>
>> Most people outside of Apple rate this as a serious bug of Yosemite.
>>
>> See here for an excellent analysis:
>> http://tex.stackexchange.com/questions/208181/why-did-my-tex-related-gui-program-stop-working-in-mac-os-x-yosemite
>>
>> At the moment there is no good solution at hand, sorry.
>
> ...except to run LyX itself from a terminal, right?

Yes, probable. But

1. I wouldn't call this a good solution.
2. IMHO, you have to run it from terminal not only once as some posts claims.
This will solve the reconfigure issue only. Your BIBINPUTS and TEXINPUTS e.g.
environment will not be passed when LyX is started from dock e.g. (not tested
yet).
So you may be in trouble with bibliography and other included material.

What I want to try:
1. Test and provide an acceptable (hackish) workaround for the PATH problem.
2. See if it helps to pass our modifications to environment variables
with the QProcess::setProcessEnvironment() method. If this works we have
a way to solve this issue. If this doesn't work - then there is not much hope
until the Qt-Library is ready for Yosemite, IMHO. Alternatively one can wait
until Apple people realize they are violating POSIX standards and correct this.

Stephan