On 10/23/2014 11:47 AM, Stephan Witt wrote:
Am 23.10.2014 um 17:16 schrieb Richard Heck <rgh...@lyx.org>:

On 10/23/2014 04:02 AM, Stephan Witt wrote:
See here for an excellent analysis:
http://tex.stackexchange.com/questions/208181/why-did-my-tex-related-gui-program-stop-working-in-mac-os-x-yosemite

At the moment there is no good solution at hand, sorry.
...except to run LyX itself from a terminal, right?
Yes, probable. But

1. I wouldn't call this a good solution.

Sorry, no, I only meant: Solution that has a chance of working right now.

2. IMHO, you have to run it from terminal not only once as some posts claims.

Yes, that is my understanding: You have to run it from a terminal every time.

What I want to try:
1. Test and provide an acceptable (hackish) workaround for the PATH problem.
2. See if it helps to pass our modifications to environment variables
with the QProcess::setProcessEnvironment() method. If this works we have
a way to solve this issue. If this doesn't work - then there is not much hope
until the Qt-Library is ready for Yosemite, IMHO.

Worth a try.

Alternatively one can wait until Apple people realize they are violating
POSIX standards and correct this.

Well, and hope they care.

Richard