Am 04.03.2015 um 14:35 schrieb James:

I don't know if it has anything to do with the sleep mode, but my
Windows PCs only get restarted every so often when the RAM cache
requires a clean out. Sleep mode is never used as my PCs are effectively
small servers, so they are always "on".

That's interesting, so neither "sleep" nor "remote desktop" seem to be standalone causes.

I have had similar problems and continue to have intermittent
difficulties with the cut/copy/paste functions. Semi frequently LyX just
"loses" the ability to use the clipboard. Sometimes ctrl+v doesn't work
and in the lower left corner I get the message, "command disabled".

Exactly my experience.

Other times the copy doesn't actually copy/cut the /LyX content/ and it
only copies/cuts the plain text equivalent content (i.e. if a math
formula is copied then pasted, only the TeX code is pasted).
Like you I then have to go into the Paste Special menu to do what I
need, and possibly restart the program.

Yes it seems that restarting Lyx helps -- not sure if it does every time though.

I have a strong feeling the problem is the operation of the windows
environment "virtual" clipboard. I thought in my case it was associated
with using remote desktop applications. The remote desktop applications
have to do strange things to get the Windows virtual clipboard to
function between the host and remote PC. I have nothing conclusive to
offer though.

Neither do I, but something in Lyx must perform this "command disabling" that you mentioned, so my hope would be that one of the devels could figure out where in the code this happens...

thanks,
sven