It almost works.  It compiles and I get a Reference list (Article) or
Bibliography (Koma-book) but the citation has the entire reference printing
in the text. Weird.

Have a look at the attached pdf and lyx files.  I assume you have the .bib
file :).  Don't forget to change the path as I am in Linux.  I did that
once and spent 20 minutes wondering what I'd done.

I must have some minor setting not quite right but I've changed so many in
the last 2 days I probably am lost.

Thanks for all the help,
John

--