I finally found it in the "User guide". It is in section 3.4.6 "Separate Nestings"!

On 2015-05-13 08:29, Richard Heck wrote:
On 05/13/2015 10:18 AM, Shivkumar Chandrasekaran wrote:
Thanks, Richard. I got it to work. I realize now that I had had the same problem with other environments before but did not realize it! It would be nice to have this in the manual, or, at least, if it is in there I did not find it! Thanks.

I would have thought it was there, but you are right: It isn't. It
definitely should be.

If you have a few minutes at some point to look at the manual, figure
out where this should go, and write a paragraph, please feel free. We
can use all the help we can get.

Richard