On Sun, 25 Oct 2015 01:12:11 +0300 Nikos mentioned this:
        Re: Where is float figure* in tufte-book?.

> Nikos Alexandris:
>
> > > Dear Tufte-LaTeX users,
> > >
> > > the example file "tufte-book.lyx" contains an example of the
> > > "float: Figure*", a full-width figure box.  I can't trace this
> > > anywhere in the (Insert) menus.
> > >
> > > Using LyX Version 2.1.4.  Any help highly appreciated.
>
> Charlie:
>
> > Not certain this is the answer because I haven't tried it. But in
> > ERT:
> >
> > \begin{fullwidth}
> >
> > And between these two ERT commands place your full page float
> >
> > \end{fullwidth}
> >
> > Maybe that will work?
>
> Thank you.  Not exactly. There is some problem with the caption.  I've
> tested it by using the example file.  Below the *existing* "float:
> Figure*" example, I used the "fullwidth" environment and the same
> content (as in the existing example).  It's not quite the same.
>
> I can use an ERT for "\begin{figure*}".  But, it's not the same.
> Where does the example box come from in LyX, I wonder!?
>
> Thank you, Nikos

  From my keyboard:

   Hello Nikos,

I just checked and I'm using LyX Version 2.1.3 so it will be different
anyway.

Sorry for the noise.

Charlie

        East Gippsland Wildlife Rehabilitators Inc..
                   http://www.egwildlife.com.au/

--
        Registered Linux User:- 329524

        We need only travel enough to give our intellects an
        airing. .........Henry David Thoreau

        Debian GNU/Linux - Magic indeed.