On 03/02/2016 01:39 PM, Scott Kostyshak wrote:
On Wed, Mar 02, 2016 at 02:27:14PM +0000, Aron Toth wrote:
Hi,

Currently I am using Lyx 2.1 on Windows 7 (Enterprise). I cannot open old Lyx
files. I can't remember in which Lyx version they were edited last, but the
last time I edited them was two years ago... I would really need to access
these files, so your help would be much appreciated.

Thanks, Áron

PS: I am not a techy guy...

Hi Áron,

Thank you

When reporting problems like these, it's always helpful if you are
specific. When you say "I cannot open old Lyx files", that doesn't give
us much information to go off of. Why can't you open old LyX files? LyX
does not open? Or it opens and gives an error? How exactly are you
opening the LyX files from within LyX using File > Open or are you
double-clicking them in your file browser?

Also when giving a bug report, it's useful to say what your operating
system is and what the version of your operating system is. For example,
I'm using Ubuntu 15.04.
He did mention that he was using Windows 7. However, the suggestion that he provide more detail about what happened when he tried to open the files is helpful. BTW, I have no trouble opening 10+ -year old files, so there is something amiss.

--
David L. Johnson
Department of Mathematics