On 03/02/2016 02:00 PM, Ross Reyes wrote:
> I often have the same problem.
> To solve I usually just open the file and edit this to match the
> current version of LyX.
>
> I must be doing something wrong because you'd think the files would be
> automatically upconverted but for some reason I have to manually edit
> them, but it works.

Yes, there is something wrong and the question is what. LydX is supposed
to convert old files to the new format. Of course, there can be bugs
that prevent this from happening, but those are, well, bugs, and we take
them very, very seriously. I.e., we try to fix them as fast as possible.
In this case, if there is a bug that is preventing files from being
converted to 2.2 format, then we want to know about it NOW and get it
solved NOW.

So please report all such bugs. They can usually be fixed very fast if
we have example files that we can use to investigate them.

Richard