On Tue, Apr 26, 2016 at 10:50 PM Isam Alobaidi <iaa...@mst.edu> wrote:

> Dear Sir,
> This is Isam Alobaidi, PhD student in computer science department in
> Missouri University of Scienec and technology.
> I faced a problem with the LyX, I wonder if you can help me with it. I am
> writing my thesis by LyX but the university enforce me to
> use their temple that written in LaTeX.
> I have no idea how I can connect them together and use the temple in LyX
> in an other word how to make a given LaTeX template compatible with my LyX
> file?
> Waiting your kindly response.
> Thanks.
>
> --
> Isam Alobaidi
> PhD Student, Department of Computer Science <http://cs.mst.edu/>
> Missouri University of Science and Technology <http://mst.edu/>
> 113 ERL, 500 West 16th Street, Rolla, MO 65409
> Webpage: http://web.mst.edu/~iaahgb/

Hi Isam,

It's difficult to give good help/advice without knowing what you've tried
and what errors you are running into. I recently went through what you are
going through with my thesis and had to rely on these forums for a lot of
help. I would start with the thread located here:

http://article.gmane.org/gmane.editors.lyx.general/82100/match=burnham

After that I think it is helpful to look into adding custom LaTeX class
files to LyX and how to create .layout files. There are also some pretty
decent guides to getting LyX setup with your Universities LaTeX files. Here
is one I've gotten some help from:

http://www.aarondefazio.com/tangentially/?p=19

Once you've tried some things report back with what you've done and what is
going wrong and someone will be able to help you. Last of all don't give
up. Once you get it working it is well worth the effort.

-Steve