On Sat, 12 Aug 2017, Paul A. Rubin wrote:

It's not entirely intuitive IMHO.

Paul,

  You win this week's understatement award.

Start out doing what you were doing (clicking Modify, assigning the
chord), but before committing the key assignment put the cursor in the
text field next to "buffer-export" and add " pdf2" including the leading
space.

  I selected buffer-export with the chord Ctrl-X H, clicked modify, and
added ' pdf2'. Clicked the OK and Save buttons.

  When I tested it the status bar said, 'don't know how to export format.'
But, ... changing ' pdf2' to ' pdflatex' works.

Thanks very much,

Rich