On Sat, Jan 20, 2018 at 5:39 PM, Scott Kostyshak <skost...@lyx.org> wrote:

> I do this maneuver enough times that I find it annoying.

I'd map the command to change language text to a hot key (I'm pretty sure I
did this before with one of the text formatting things I found myself doing
often).

A possibly cool feature would be for LyX to detect that a user is often
doing the same (uncommon) command and propose mapping it to a hot key? I'm
sure some software somewhere does this...

> Thoughts?

Asking people how often it happens (in the users forum) is likely to
generate more heat than light, mainly because it's only from folks who are
subscribed. A more precise way to know would be to collect usage metrics
for LyX, which was not a well liked idea from my recollection of that in
the forum.