Hello, List Members,

I'm experiencing strange issues with LyX's "Libertine" font when I
attempt to compile a document. I'm now using LyX 2.2.2 on Mac OSX
10.11.6 (El Cap.). I didn't have these issues in the past, when I first
created the documents. (I can't remember on which version of LyX they
were created, but it was't that long ago).

One of the documents, for example, is in French and German, with French
being the main language. When I hit "View" or "Update", LyX gives me the
following error:

- "Missing Glyphs!"

with the following description:

- "Missing character: There is no v in font LinLibertineT-osf-lgr!"

I've tried to scan the source code, but can't find the offending
character(s).

If I chose "Show Output Anyway", the document appears to compile
correctly, although the document is long and complex and I can't run the
risk of a missing character in a footnote somewhere.

Even more strangely, if I export to LaTeX and compile using a TeX
editor, the document compiles correctly with no issues at all.

However, the LaTeX compile log file does indicate a warning:

- "The libertine-type1 package is obsolete. For new documents, please
use \usepackage[type1]{libertineRoman}"

I note that LyX (2.2.2) still puts "\usepackage{libertine-type1}" in the
Preamble.

This looks like a font problem, and I know that these things are a
nuisance. I use the "Libertine" font a lot, and I'd like it just to
work, as it used to. I can't run the risk of losing characters in long,
complex documents.

I've searched for possible similar problems on the forum and elsewhere,
but have found none. If anyone knows of the problem, and how to fix it,
I'd greatly appreciate any pointers anyone might be able to provide.

Sebastien