> Yes, we can (and will) do that. But it's getting annoying, to be honest.
> This is the fourth time a new package for libertine is released
> and the old one declared obsolete over the last 5 years. We
> had libertine-type1, which was then declared obsolete by libertine
> (or libertine-legacy), which was then declared obsolete by a new
> libertine-type1. Now libertineRoman declares libertine-type1 obsolete. This
> is just crazy.
>
> Jürgen
>

> It’s interesting to hear all that. As nice as the Linux Libertine font is,
> it’s the one that gives me the most issues, such as the one described
> above. I’m sure that the hassles I experience are different from the ones
> you face, but when you say that it’s getting annoying, I fully agree.

I simply use the OpenType Libertinus fonts (an actively developed fork of
Linux Libertine and Biolinum) with XeTeX

https://github.com/khaledhosny/libertinus

No problem at all.

[If you don't mind the self promotion, I wrote for my personal blog a quick
introduction to the use of OpenType on XeTeX/LyX. This is the first article
of the "miniseries"

https://frommindtotype.wordpress.com/2018/01/15/using-opentype-on-xetexlyx-short-texts/

The fourth and last one will be published next Monday.]

Regards,
Ricardo