Am 14.02.2018 um 11:56 schrieb elloh van:

I have just installed LyX version 2.2.3 on my laptop but when I wanted to see my output in other formats, i. e., View[PDF(pdflatex)], the pdflatex gives the following error message:

"LyX: LaTeX failed
the external program pdflatex finished with an error.
It is recommended you fix the cause of external progam's error (check the logs)".

Your problem seems to be a major bug in MiKTeX which we are fighting the last days. I think we found a solution. Could you therefore please test this and install the new LyX 2.3.0 using this installer:
http://ftp.lyx.de/LyXWinInstaller/LyX2.3.0/LyX-230-Installer-3.exe

If this works for you and you can get a PDF from the LyX UserGuide, I'll provide a new installer for LyX 2.2.x accordingly.

thanks and regards
Uwe

p.s. Please write to the lyx-users mailing list for general issues. The lyx-docs list is for documentation issues.